Thank you to Diana from Elephants Eye for reminding me to take lots of photos of my roses!!! I am waiting for them to give me a splendid display! I should be able to post it tomorrow too! I have been nipping some the new shoots to encourage growth and using my home-made bug spray on the aphids who think they can stay …..!
Just read a really nice article on Roses in one of my favourite gardening mags:
Rose grooming and growing
- Roses are queen of the October garden
- They need at least 6 hours of sunshine a day
- Roses can flower up to 10 months in a year
- They need 10 litres of water a week
- Fertilize monthly during summer
- August to April use organic pesticides for thrips, red spider mite, aphids and beetles
- Dead head regularly to encourage new floweing
- Winter prune at the end of July (this is only for our Southern Hemisphere gardening friends)
- Groom in January!